Showing posts with label child murder. Show all posts
Showing posts with label child murder. Show all posts

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Three-Year-Old girl beheaded 'in land dispute'

A THREE-year-old girl has been beheaded in Papua New Guinea in an attack thought to be over a land dispute.

Police made the shocking discovery yesterday in Madang province, on PNG's northeastern coast, after residents reported that up to seven men had abducted the girl from the coastal village of Bogia.

Four men have been arrested over her killing.

The police commander of Madang province, Chief Inspector Anthony Wagambie, told PNG's The National newspaper that he was "disgusted'' by the gruesome killing, which he he said was linked to tensions over land.

"Police will continue investigations until all seven suspects are apprehended,'' he said.

The men allegedly attacked the mother, who managed to escape with another child, an infant, Wagambie said.

The body of the girl was still missing.

The murder is believed to be connected to conflict between resettled Manam islanders and Bogia locals.

A series of volcanic eruptions in 2004 forced 15,000 islanders to flee to the mainland and settle in Bogia.

Earlier this year four islanders were reportedly killed during land disputes between the groups.

Kuluguma local ward councillor Charles Yanda said local people want PNG Prime Minister Sir Michael Somare to settle the matter through better land allocations.

"Under no circumstances will the Manam people return to the destroyed island,'' he said.

Lawrence Konaka, president of the Iabu local government area, has also appealed to Mr Somare to intervene on behalf of the islanders.

"The Bogia people hate us and we cannot return to the island because it is in a terrible state,'' he said.

LINK

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

MORE Horror from Tracy, California

First, there was this:

Not Guilty Plea Entered In Cantu Murder Case
A northern California woman accused of raping, drugging and murdering her 8-year-old neighbor pleaded not guilty at a hearing Friday.

Melissa Huckaby, 28, is accused of murdering Sandra Cantu, her daughter's playmate, who disappeared on March 27 and whose body was found stuffed in a suitcase in an irrigation pond on April 6.

San Joaquin County Court Judge Linda Lofthus scheduled a preliminary hearing for the case for Sept. 24.

Huckaby, a former Sunday school teacher, is also charged with child endangerment and furnishing a harmful substance. Prosecutors and police say she drugged another 7-year-old girl and a man months before Cantu was murdered. Both survived.

LINK

And now this:

Tortured teen testimony released
A 16-year-old allegedly tortured for a year inside a Tracy home told a grand jury that he escaped because his captors talked about killing him and dumping his body in the Delta.

Afraid for his life, the boy — called Kyle in court papers — fled the Tennis Lane home on Dec. 1 by unlocking himself from the fireplace to which he was chained and using a trampoline to hop over the backyard wall.

After he heard his alleged captors talking on speakerphone about how they planned to cut off his fingers with a meat cleaver, Kyle said he knew then that he had to find a way out.

Husband and wife Michael Schumacher and Kelly Lau were arrested in December along with next-door neighbor Anthony Waiters and a woman named CarĂ©n Ramirez who called herself Kyle’s mom. Police said they starved, drugged and beat the boy for as many as 18 months after he fled a Sacramento group home in spring 2007.

The four could spend life in prison if found guilty of the several charges of torture, kidnapping, false imprisonment, assault with caustic chemicals and other forms of abuse.

Kyle told the grand jury that the abuse escalated from slapping and punching to slicing flesh and drawing blood for offenses as minor as forgetting to feed the dog or for taking food to slake his hunger.

Waiters once sliced Kyle’s arm with a steak knife, Kyle said. Ramirez held his arm down and Kyle screamed, the boy alleged. Kyle said that afterwards, the pair poured bleach on his cuts and doctored them with salt and butter before wrapping his arm in a paper towel.

Other times, Ramirez, Lau and Waiters would stick an aluminum baseball bat into the fireplace and brand Kyle’s back, the teen said.

The boy said Schumacher would sometimes punch him in the face until he passed out. Kyle also said he was chained to the fireplace, where he was forced to sleep most nights.

Lau used a belt once to choke him until he lost consciousness, Kyle said. She allegedly strapped a belt around his neck and buckled it. He dropped to the fireplace hearth and his arm fell on the grate while the fire blazed, he said.

“When I first woke up, I didn’t know what happened or anything,” he said. “So then I immediately noticed my arm was, like, discolored and everything, and I was, like, really freaking out, and at first I didn’t feel anything.”

To treat the burn, Kyle said Ramirez would just pour bleach on it. His wounds scabbed over and became infected.

Kyle was allegedly abused nearly every day until he bled, and that’s the only reason he ever got new clothes, he said.

YOU CAN READ MORE ABOUT THIS TEEN'S HORROR STORY HERE


Is there something in the water there in Tracy, California? These are true horror stories and according to some odd sounding people who left comments, other people knew it was going on or should have known and they did nothing about it.

What is going on in Tracy?

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Anthonys Talk On Anniversary Of Caylee's Disappearance

ORLANDO, Fla. -- It is an emotional day for the family of Caylee Anthony.

"I just miss her. I miss her so much," said Cindy.

It was one year ago Tuesday that George Anthony said he last saw his granddaughter alive. George and Cindy Anthony went on national television Tuesday morning and talked about the heartbreak they have gone through in the last year.

"It's been a tough year. Yesterday was a tough day. Today has been a tough day. Every day has been a tough day this year," Cindy said.

The Anthonys appeared on national TV and talked about their pain of losing Caylee Marie Anthony. George Anthony remembered the last few moments he ever spent with his granddaughter, Caylee.

"Last time I saw her was June 16, one year ago today. I woke up with her in the morning at 7:30 and got a chance to have breakfast with her. Just before 1:00pm that day I didn't realize that would be the last time I would see her," George said Tuesday.

The Anthonys used the interview to offer their help to other families of missing children. They admitted that with the controversy surrounding their granddaughter's disappearance, some families of missing children do not want their help.

Caylee was last seen one year ago Tuesday, but she wasn't reported missing until one month later. Casey Anthony, 23, is in the Orange County jail charged with Caylee's murder. Casey Anthony has pleaded not guilty and says a baby sitter kidnapped her toddler.

Caylee's remains were found in woods near the family's home on December 11.

NEW DOCUMENTS, EVIDENCE RELEASED IN CASEY CASE

Eyewitness News obtained nearly 900 pages of documents and new evidence in the case against Casey Anthony Friday.

The State Attorney's Office released 855 pages of documents Friday morning and Eyewitness News learned the report contains several interviews with people close to Casey Anthony.

The documents also contain new information on people who helped search for Caylee Anthony and information about Casey's employment before Caylee disappeared.


MUCH MORE TO THE STORY AND MANY, MANY LINKS HERE

It seems the Anthonys do not want Caylee's autopsy results made public.

Another one in need of parenting class

Dallas police arrest mother in missing baby case

DALLAS — The mother of a 9-month-old girl who was reported abducted from her home told investigators the baby’s father actually dumped the infant’s dead body into Lewisville Lake near Dallas, according to court documents released Monday.

Tamaira Creagh, 19, was arrested on a charge of tampering with evidence, Dallas police said. Court documents say Creagh, who is six months pregnant, told police this weekend that the child’s body was dumped into the lake after she died while in her father’s care.

[...]

The baby’s father, 20-year-old Alandus Weaver, was arrested over the weekend on suspicion of tampering or fabricating evidence to hinder an investigation.

[...]

Police began searching for Daisja Weaver last Tuesday after her mother reported a man broke into her apartment, tried to sexually assault her then took the baby. Investigators were suspicious from the start because the parents gave conflicting accounts of what happened.

During a meeting with detectives Saturday, Creagh told them she found the baby on the floor wrapped in a towel after Weaver picked her up from work June 8. Weaver said he had given the baby a bath earlier, Creagh told police, according to an affidavit.

[...]

The next day they drove to the lake just north of Dallas, where Weaver stopped at the bridge and then dropped the baby into the water with a sandbag tied to her, Creagh told police.

MORE...